Whether you are spending your summer days at the beach or in your hometown, most of us can’t escape the sun. When you get behind the wheel this summer, it is important you are aware of the damage that the heat can pose to your car. Below are some of our top tips to beat the summer heat:
- Keep your tires properly inflated - When your tires are properly maintained and inflated, you don’t have to worry about them wearing down quickly. It’ll improve your gas mileage as well.
- Try seat covers - There’s nothing more painful than having to sit down on hot, leather seats in the summer. You should consider investing in some seat covers to prevent this phenomenon. Additionally, seat covers protect your upholstery from spills, stains, and sun damage.
- Change your oil - If you’re planning to do lots of driving this summer, it is a good idea to get an oil change. This will ensure your engine is properly lubricated and fit to perform smoothly.
- Park in shaded areas - Not only is it exciting to score a shady parking spot, but it will prevent damage on the inside and outside of your car. Plus, it’ll keep your car cool when you get back in.
- Test your A/C - To ensure you stay cool this summer, you’re going to need working air conditioning in your car. An auto A/C inspection at Kwik Kar Auto Repair will ensure your car can pump out cool air inside the cabin.
- Inspect your Cooling System - Engine overheating is one of the most common car problems and reasons for breakdowns in the summer. To prevent any inconveniences, please bring your car to our shop for a cooling system service.
If you need help summerizing your car, we welcome you to bring your vehicle to the experts at Kwik Kar Auto Repair. Our technicians will have you back on the road in no time.